COVID-19 Alert: Sanitization & Disinfection
As an essential Health and Safety provider, Omega Environmental Services will remain in full operation throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our role includes support of the frontline workers who risk exposure to the virus to maintain services in hospitals, pharmacies, grocery stores, construction sites, and more.
Biohazardous Material Remediation
With over 25 years of experience in environmental management, hazardous material remediation and microbial decontamination for both the private and public sectors, our staff has expertise in mitigating environmental risks including the successful control of threats that include SARS, MERS, Ebola, MRSA, Legionella, Norovirus, and other infectious diseases.
Omega can provide risk assessment, consultation, project management and oversight, professional cleaning and disinfection and cleaning efficacy validation services to help businesses, schools, health care, construction companies, property managers, entertainment venues and government institutions prevent further transmission of the novel coronavirus and protect the health of employees and building occupants.
We strongly recommend that anyone undertaking any level of cleaning on their own of areas impacted by suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases should first review the evolving disinfection guidance and recommendations provided by the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Professional Sanitization Services for Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 Exposure
The Omega team includes scientists, infectious disease experts, public health professionals, toxicologists, industrial hygienists and industry veterans who specialize in mitigating risks related to infectious diseases in a wide variety of public and private facilities including:
- Schools and universities
- Office buildings
- Cruise ships
- Manufacturing facilities
- Retail sites
- Entertainment venues
- Construction sites
- And more
Utilizing vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP), an EPA-approved viral disinfectant, and other site-specific sanitization methods, we can provide the highest levels of disinfection to ensure that essential facilities are made safe for ongoing business or before a return to work.
In addition to misting or fogging with VHP, Omega’s disinfection protocol may include any of the following service items:
- Detailed surface cleaning with EPA-registered disinfectant
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) vacuuming
- Ultraviolet (UV) light disinfection
- Air scrubbing and/or negative air
- Isolation Room construction
- Other site-specific methods
Our disinfection protocol includes pre and post-treatment surface testing to ensure efficacy of the sanitation methods. Omega utilizes a rapid, in-field, qualitative testing method to determine the presence of microbes on high-touch surfaces both before and after cleaning to ensure an adequate reduction in surface contamination.
3 Levels of Exposure Risk
Specializing in microbial disinfection and decontamination, industrial hygiene, and hazardous materials assessments, the Omega team has expertise in safe and effective decontamination processes and has established the following categories of COVID-19 exposure risk protocols:
- Category One: for indoor environments with no known exposure or reported cases of COVID-19 infection. The Omega team conducts preventative cleaning including sanitization of the building environment using general cleaning methods and vaporized hydrogen peroxide fogging.
- Category Two: suspected exposure to a COVID-19 infection requires a more thorough cleaning, including a wipe down of surfaces, VHP fogging and a detailed 10-foot down disinfection. This level may include UV light disinfection and pre-cleaning services.
- Category Three: applies to indoor environments with a known COVID-19 exposure and includes a customized, site-specific protocol which may include a variety of disinfection methods to achieve an enhanced level of decontamination of all surfaces.
Let us know what we can do for you. Read our most recent COVID-19 Update newsletter here.
Contact us to learn more about COVID-19 Disinfection Services