Viroforce 1000 Technology | How It Works
Omega’s ViroForce System is an innovative and cost-efficient solution to fight devastating viruses and bacteria by enabling cleaning staff to easily disinfect rooms in cruise ships, long-term care facilities, hospitals, medical clinics, hotels and other susceptible spaces. These include Norovirus, influenza and bacteria such as Clostridium Difficile. A pre-production prototype has been successfully tested in the field using feline calicivirus (similar to Norovirus) on board a Holland America cruise ship and calicivirus and influenza virus in a hotel room.
“Kills 99.99% of fungi spores, MRSA, Norovirus, Clostridium Difficile, Acinetobacter Baumannii, and other viruses and bacteria, on both hard and soft surfaces in one easy-to apply 30 minute treatment. Odor elimination of smoke, chemical agents, mold/mildew and other odors in office space, hotel rooms, storage areas and more with a 20 minute treatment cycle.”
How Ozone Treatment Works For Disinfection
The resonating structure of ozone is highly reactive giving it a short half-life. When ozone breaks down, it produces oxygen and a free radical oxygen atom (negatively charged single oxygen atom), which is a powerful oxidant. In the presence of UV light oxygen free radicals combine with ozone to form two O2 molecules. The application of ViroForce’s technology enables the use of ozone at critical thresholds to act as a virucide on different surfaces found in surroundings where people can become infected by viruses. Once these levels have been reached, there is a 99.99% mortality rate on various hard and soft surfaces for viruses. The catalytic converter quickly turns the ozone into oxygen making it harmless to humans.
The ViroForce 1000 Process
Disinfection occurs without human presence, as the ViroForce 1000 is set up to run while the cleaning staff exit the room. Turn-around time is 60 minutes to disinfect the average sized room, and 20 minutes for odor elimination in a room of similar size. Once completed, the staff moves the ViroForce 1000 to the next room. It is expected this turnaround time will be shortened through additional research and development.
The ViroForce Sustainable Advantage
The company has a clear and sustainable advantage for a number of reasons:
- A novel technology capable of revolutionizing the disinfection and treatment of cruise ship, health care and hotel facilities quickly, effectively and inexpensively using leading edge research protocols and methods.
- The application of the technology in numerous other industries where disinfection is difficult to apply using traditional methods. Examples include the computer hardware industry (for the disinfection of computer keyboards), casino industry and in the bio-recovery industry.
- Intellectual property comprising pending PCT Patents filed in the USA.
- Speed to market. The technology is proven and will not need time consuming FDA or MHRA (UK Dept. of Health) approval for the use of gaseous ozone as a biocide, in contrast to liquid biocides.
- Completion of catalytic converter modeling for the acceleration of the conversion of ozone into oxygen.
- The knowledge and know-how generated over the last 15 years of manufacture and design of ozone generating machines.
Here’s How ViroForce 1000 Works
|Step 1:||ViroForce 1000 is turned on and ozone is generated and dispersed throughout the space.|
|Step 2:||A monitor switches off the generators once the ozone has penetrated the entire space and has reached the required ppm level necessary for either disinfection or odor elimination.|
|Step 3:||Certified ozone level is maintained for the requisite period to kill 99.9% of viruses and/or bacteria.|
|Step 4:||An independent humidifier, automatically controlled by ViroForce 1000 humidifies the atmosphere to dew point. Note: This step may not be required for odor elimination.|
|Step 5:||Upon completion of the ozone dispersion, it is automatically drawn into the catalytic converter, accelerating it’s conversion into oxygen.|
|Step 6:||ViroForce 1000 is removed and the sterilized or deodorized room is ready to be occupied.|
|NOTE:||ViroForce’s microprocessor records the disinfection cycle for each room providing critical historical data of the disinfection process.|